* The VX Cruiser is powered by a Yamaha MR-1® four-stroke engine. This is a compact, ultra-lightweight, four- cylinder, 1052cc, DOHC, 20-valve, liquid-cooled engine for class-leading performance.
* Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI): Delivers smooth, high power output with low fuel consumption and low exhaust emissions.
* Specially Designed, One-piece Cylinder and Crankcase Assembly: Provides tremendous engine rigidity that's lighter and stiffer than two-piece designs.
* Slant Detection Switch: Electronic switch stops engine and oil pumps immediately if watercraft becomes overturned, protecting motor from water ingestion.
* Dry Sump Lubrication: Uses two engine oil pumps to deliver lubricating oil to each moving part with water- jacketed sump and oil backflow protection.
* Corrosion Protection System: Sacrificial zinc anodes protect the engine from harmful galvanic corrosion. Stainless steel fasteners (nuts, bolts, hardware) provide a long service life.
* Electronically Controlled, Variable Ignition Timing: For exact ignition advance control at all throttle positions and RPMs.
The Jet Pump Propulsion System
* The VX pump design: One of the most efficient pump configurations ever, increasing stream velocity and thrust while decreasing cavitation and prop spin.
* Reverse: Allows the watercraft to be backed up off a trailer or out of tight spots where you cannot turn around easily.
* Stainless Steel Impeller Housing Liner: For high durability, the liner maintains accurate clearance tolerances between the impeller and the housing.
* High Flow Intake Duct and Grate: The dynamic shape of these items directs water flow into the pump for better thrust, performance and hook up.
* Cooling Water Intake Filter: Filters out harmful debris that could cause blockage of important cooling water
* Pumps are Manufactured with YDC30: A combination of zinc and copper alloys, developed by Yamaha marine
engineers, that offers excellent corrosion protection.
The Ultra-Lightweight, High Strength Hull and Deck
* The VX Cruiser hull : Designed to be light and strong.
* Progressive, Stepper Draft V-Hull with Integrated Bow Spray Guard: Provides excellent maneuverability,
handling and comfort.
* Sponson Design: Provides added straight-line comfort and an improved two-up and three-up riding experience.
* Cruiser Seat: Adds comfort and support for both passenger and driver.
* Extra Large Boarding Platform with Reboarding Step: Provides a stable platform for reboarding.
* Multi-function Electronic Information Center: Provides the operator a quick read on speed, RPM, fuel level, low
fuel warning, low oil pressure warning, overheat warning, hour meter, check engine light with self diagnostic
* Industry's First Remote Controlled Transmitter: With the touch of a button on Yamaha's innovative remote-
controlled transmitter, you can activate and deactivate the VX digital security system and Low RPM Mode from
up to 30 feet away.
* Low RPM Mode™: The personal watercraft industry’s first fuel saving feature, Low RPM can reduce fuel
consumption by up to 26% based on average annual use.
* Dual Concave Mirrors: Automotive style and convenience.
* 19 Gallons of Total Storage: Includes a large bow storage locker and glove box.
* Glove Box with Self-draining Beverage Holders
* Finger Throttle Lever: Provides added comfort while reducing hand fatigue.
* Yamaha's Trademarked Visibility Spout®: A waterspout from the rear of the craft that improves the